- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 can (3 1/2 ounces) chopped green chili peppers
- 1 can (14-19 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained (or mixed beans)
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Heat a 2-quart pot coated with 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, corn, and chili peppers
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans, rice, and cumin. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
(Makes 4 Servings)