Have you ever used cauliflower as a carb alternative? I love it. Below is my favorite recipe for Cauliflower Rice.
1 large head of cauliflower (rinsed)
1 tbsp of coconut oil (or virgin olive oil but the coconut oil gives it that coconut flavor)
handful of chopped onion
Salt and/or pepper to taste
- Prep Cauliflower by removing the leaves and stem. Cut the head into quarters and rinse. Place on paper towel and pat dry.
- Cut the quarters into florets the throw the rest away.
- Place the florets into your food processor and “pulse to chop” until the rice reaches your desired size. Remove any large pieces and chop them as well.
- In a medium sized skillet, add olive oil or coconut oil ( I like to use coconut oil) and the onion and heat at the medium setting for one or two minutes.
- Add 1 to 1½ cups of cauliflower rice to the skillet. Cook for 5-9 minutes depending on how tender you want the rice to be. Stir while cooking and taste to find the desired tenderness.
- Remove from the skillet on to the plate. Season to your liking with salt and pepper and serve.